First of all, Congratulations ! You have been selected by your unit as one who is worthy of recognition, not only for the service you have provided in the past, but also for the service you will provide in the future. We welcome you into our Brotherhood of Cheerful Service, Ittawamba Lodge #235, West Tennessee Area Council. In order to fulfill the candidate requirements and become an Ordeal member in our Brotherhood, you must complete an Ordeal. On Saturday evening of the Ordeal Weekend, after you complete the Ordeal, you will have a gathering and bonding time with your fellow lodge members and chapters. On Sunday morning, you will be given further knowledge and instruction about our Order's purpose and be presented your Ordeal booklet and patch.
The Spring Ordeal weekends are scheduled for March 9-11 and March 23-25 at Camp Mack Morris, near Camden, TN. We are offering you the opportunity to attend either weekend. By doing so, you will be eligible to either attend or staff our section conclave which will be held at our very own Camp Mack Morris! Conclave is the annual gathering of the nine Order of the Arrow lodges in Section SR-6. It a great event where you can meet other Arrowmen, participate in competitive events, learn more about the Order of the Arrow and its opportunities, and have a ton of fun!
Ordeal Candidate Information
ITEMS YOU WILL NEED TO...
- WEAR: Work clothes, work shoes and work gloves
- BRING: Sleeping bag, ground cloth, toiletry kit, towel, raincoat, jacket, and a COMPLETE SCOUT UNIFORM (Tan shirt, shoulder loops, Scout pants/shorts) You will need this uniform for the ceremony on Saturday evening.)
- You are required to have a BSA medical form consisting of Parts A and B ready to turn in when you register.
- The Ordeal will begin at 9:30 p.m. Friday and end on Sunday morning. Please make arrangements to leave Camp after Ordeal Training. The induction process is not complete until Sunday morning and you will not receive your new member packet until having completed the New Member Orientation. Exceptions will be made on a case to case basis.
- Registration will open at 8:00 p.m. on Friday. Do not arrive before 8:00 p.m. Friday night as we will not be ready for you.
A trading post will be available after your ceremony on Saturday Evening. Additional flap patches will be available for $5.00 each as well as other Order of the Arrow patches and memorabilia.
Here is the payment schedule; the incentive is to pay early so we have an accurate count for food purchasing. In order to qualify for the $50.00 fee, the money and this registration form must be received at the Scout Office in Jackson.